Monday, February 19, 2018

GU Flavors, Ranked

The winter is a hard time of year for me.  In addition to the challenges imposed by the erratic winter weather, my teaching schedule gets exceedingly busy, which when combined with my day job, makes it very difficult for me to do things like blog, let alone complete tempo workouts.

It is for these reasons that I am coming to you about three weeks late with a great Runner's World article that ranks 27 GU flavors.  You should read the whole thing, as they say in the Blogosphere!


It should be no surprise that Tastefully Nude comes in last.  It should also be no surprise that those of us who prefer to get our pre-run caffeine from coffee (or tea) will likely think that far too many of these options have caffeine in them.

Finally, it should be no surprise to anyone who has ever run more than ten consecutive miles with me that I think this entire list is wrong because it does not contain the best gone-too-soon GU flavor: Root Beer.

My younger brother was always partial to the Big Apple flavor, which also seems to have disappeared.  But since that flavor was gross, he was wrong, too ;-)

Read the article, and share your disagreements with us down in the comments or on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment