Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Some Brief Notes from the Webmasterrunner

To start, I acknowledge that "webmasterrunner" is not a word.  I also acknowledge that "webmasterrunner" would probably be better spelled as "webmasterunner," but I digress before I've even begun.

I apologize that it has been somewhat quiet on our humble blog over the past few weeks.  I've been spending a good chunk of my time working on various aesthetic enhancements to the Coach Kiprunning website.  Since I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve, those kinds of things take me inordinately long periods of time to do.

After a solid weekend in front of the computer, it feels good to come back from The Matrix--just in time for good spring weather, no less!

Neo from The Matrix gif
Unfortunately, I do not look this handsome after coming back from The Matrix

So, some notes:

-Wilson Komen ran in this past Sunday's Cherry Blossom Ten Miler, enjoying a good run as he eases back into competitive racing with an eye on the masters division.

Wilson Komen competing in the 2017 Cherry Blossom Ten Miler
Wilson with Some GRC and Capital Area Runners

-The Kiprunning Sports Club continues to meet at 7:45 am on Saturday morning for our weekly long runs.  Contact us if you are interested in running with us.

-On this Thursday, Coach Kiprunning will once again be co-sponsoring the annual Food from the Bar Campaign.  This year's event will be held at Buffalo Billiards in Dupont Circle.  The event begins at 6:00 pm.  Please come join us.  You can register through the WBA website.

-And finally, humbly, I'm looking forward to my own return to competitive running.  After a strong finish to 2015, I had to attend to a variety of personal matters, and as a result, I took some time off.  The upside is that I've been able to assume the role of Coach Kiprunning webmaster, which has been a lot of fun.  Now, I am simply, as the opening to this blog post should suggest, appending the title "runner" to myself once again.

I plan to ease my way back into things at this year's New Jersey Marathon weekend, during which I will briskly jog the race's 5K run.  As I've written before, the New Jersey Marathon, and its various assorted races, is an excellent event that falls at a perfect time for competition: late April/early May.  Looking back, I estimate that various Coach Kiprunning runners have competed in the weekend's various races every year since the spring of 2012.

This year will not be an exception to that trend.

And that's it for now.  Keep reading, and by all means, keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment