Thursday, September 15, 2022

Coach Kiprunning Testimonial: Sarah Pihonak

Sarah Pihonak recently completed the New Haven Half Marathon in 1:55:58. Sarah has been training with Coach Komen for nearly two years, having started working with him in November of 2020. Here is her trainee testimonial:
Before starting training with Coach Wilson, my running training was not very organized, and I was injury prone. I was uncertain of how to build mileage effectively without getting injured. 

In November 2020 I signed up for a personalized half-marathon training program with Coach. 

Since I began training with Coach Wilson, I’ve been able to realize my goal of running a sub-2 hour half marathon, and have PR’d a full marathon.
photo of Sarah Pihonak running in a road race straight toward the camera

His training programs are very detailed and specific to the athlete and their skill level. My training consists of running 5 days a week, a mixture of easy, short runs, as well as faster, more intense runs and long run days; cross- and weight-training days are also scheduled each week. Coach is very accessible and available to answer any questions about the training program. He discussed a detailed race strategy for a half-marathon I ran recently under warm, humid conditions, and I was successfully able to achieve a PR. 

I know for certain I would not have been able to accomplish my running goals without his guidance and training, and I look forward to continuing to improve my race times in the future.

(See a complete list of trainee testimonials for Wilson Komen.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment