Sunday, February 7, 2016

Long Run Route Compilation

One of the questions that I've always been asked about running is, "Don't you get bored?"  It's a fair question, for sure.  Honestly, the answer is sometimes, yes, I do get bored, because training for any kind of a race can become a bit of a grind from time to time.

For the most part, though, no, I don't get bored, mostly because I try to make a point of varying my long run routes, making sure to alternate terrain, so as to train as comprehensively as possible, and ensuring that I can tour different neighborhoods, state parks, national parks, etc.  Frankly, I've probably run through more of the DC region than I've driven through.

To offer our readers some assistance with varying their route options, we have launched a dedicated Long Run Route Options page.  As you'll see there, we very much invite our readers to submit their long run routes to us for inclusion on that page.  We invite submissions of route options from across the United States, and even internationally.

To submit a route, contact me at runsfishdog [at] gmail [dot] com.  In doing so, please include a link to a map of the trail, and offer a brief overview of access points and the availability of water.  The more information that we can acquire about our respective running communities--in a physical, geographical sense--the better prepared we all will be when we hit the trials or paths or roadways.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment