Sunday, February 21, 2016

Some General Updates and Awe about Running under the Whitehurst Freeway

It's been a busy week, to say the least.  From time to time, you'll likely see me making passing references to my teaching career.  It's a career that I very much enjoy, and I tend to use every available opportunity to talk (or write) about it.  This past week--the week of Valentine's Day '16--I received a big stack of research paper drafts that required my commentary.  I enjoyed reading them--I always enjoy reading student work--but doing so kept me away from this blog for a bit.  Sorry for the gap in posting.

Since the last time that I posted, the Olympic Marathon Trials happened.  The DC area made an incredibly strong showing in the women's field.  Congrats to all!  (We knew this would happen, by the way.)

Also, Kieran O'Connor's excellent performance at the trials eradicates any excuses that the rest of us could ever conjure for training on the treadmill.  Below is a Google image of DC's Whitehurst Freeway--that road with the words "Georgetown Waterfront Park" overlaid on it.  Imagine running 24.5 miles back and forth underneath that in a snowstorm.  I bet your gym's treadmill looks like a sunny paradise right about now.



We're also increasing our list of blog contributors.  Wilson Komen will very soon begin posting here on a regular basis, and we also expect to be posting training updates from our other runners.  The Boston Marathon is fast approaching, and we have a few runners currently training to compete in it.  As a result, the next few months will be exciting ones for Coach Kiprunning, and we're looking forward to sharing that excitement with you.

In the meantime, feel free to share your excitement with us.  Comment as you would like, and email us with tips, accomplishments, whatever.  We'll be thrilled to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment