Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Rising Local Running Legends

RunWashington just posted an excellent--and exciting!--article about ten local DC runners who will be competing in the Olympic Marathon Trials.

I had the privilege of seeing Susanna Sullivan rock the 2014 DC Road Runners Track Championships.  If I remember correctly (don't hold me to this), she actually asked to be excused from a night class that she was taking to get to the track and to crush a mile.  Then, she returned to class.

As a teacher of just over 15 years, I can honestly say that no student has ever asked me to be excused from class to run a 4:49 mile or to train for the Olympic Marathon Trials.  Those reasons seem like reasonable reasons to ask to be excused from class.

Give the article a read, and wish these runners well if you see them out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment